Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Relief in the stock market

Well, we got a little relief in the stock market yesterday.  I suspect it will tank again today because of profit taking, but I might be wrong.  I wonder if it's because Congress is suddenly queasy about spending so much money.  Don't know if it's true that the omnibus bill (the one that will get us through the end of FY2009) is really 19% over the original bill not signed by GWB, as I heard, but if so, it's not just "last year's business" but a different bill altogether with a bunch more pork hanging off it.  I'm envisioning a Christmas tree with ham hocks for ornaments.  Better get another cup of coffee.....

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wrong, thank goodness! Of course, it could still reverse itself. Even though I disagree with him on a lot of things, I'm hoping Obama is an economic genius. Otherwise, I'll never get to retire!

    ReplyDelete